Can't see foundation or floor framing in Full Overview Camera

BWoods

I am working in Chief architect premier x12 on Windows 10.

I have built an elevated structure with a stem wall on piers with a wood floor, and wood walls above. When I go into a Full Overview camera, I am unable to see my foundation or floor framing despite the fact that the layers are on. I am able to see them when I go into a framing overview camera. What's the issue here?

All you need to do is turn your Foundation layer on and then Rebuild 3D.  Depending on the type of change that was made, Chief doesn't always rebuild the model.  You can get it to rebuild any number of ways, but clicking on 3D>Rebuild 3D or hitting F12 (Rebuild Walls/Floors/Ceilings) are a couple ways.  You can also change the rendering style, make an actual change to the model, click undo followed by redo, etc. etc.  The model just needs to be rebuilt is all. 

I suspect the reason the model doesn't automatically rebuild in this particular instance is because the Foundation layer is a unique layer that doesn't actually control the display of any specific objects (like the Framing, Rim Joists layer for example).  It simply controls whether or not anything on Floor 0 is displayed.  Anyway, Chief gives us the tools to rebuild 3D when necessary and it's something I personally use quite a bit...whenever I suspect something should have changed but didn't.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

All you need to do is turn your Foundation layer on and then Rebuild 3D.  Depending on the type of change that was made, Chief doesn't always rebuild the model.  You can get it to rebuild any number of ways, but clicking on 3D>Rebuild 3D or hitting F12 (Rebuild Walls/Floors/Ceilings) are a couple ways.  You can also change the rendering style, make an actual change to the model, click undo followed by redo, etc. etc.  The model just needs to be rebuilt is all. 

I suspect the reason the model doesn't automatically rebuild in this particular instance is because the Foundation layer is a unique layer that doesn't actually control the display of any specific objects (like the Framing, Rim Joists layer for example).  It simply controls whether or not anything on Floor 0 is displayed.  Anyway, Chief gives us the tools to rebuild 3D when necessary and it's something I personally use quite a bit...whenever I suspect something should have changed but didn't.

I had been wondering if this was a thing for awhile... Probably would've saved me some time in the recent past haha. Thanks for the answer, appreciate it!