Roof help needed

Taylork15

Hi, 

I am having some problems with getting the garage roof to be an 11/12 pitch and the attached house being 8/12 pitch, one of the roof planes is part of the garage and apart of the house. I am new to this and can't draw the roof manually very well. I have been using the auto roof and just changing the settings. 

Thank you!May- Lot 73.plan 

:D

If you want different pitches you'll have to specify them in each plane (or group select). If you use the automatic roof plane tool they will all be the same unless you select the ones you don't want to have automatically changed by checking the Manual Roof Plane radio button. Then Chief will leave them alone.

• Downvote 1

Hi, 

This is the first plan I have done. I thought I had the roof set to 11:12 that is my mistake.

I have some roof ideas I used for inspiration. 

I will check out your videos and keep watching chief's videos. 

This is new Construction. 

14 minutes ago, Taylork15 said:

This is the first plan I have done

One suggestion for learning is to leave auto rebuild roofs turned on, and use the wall settings to control automatic roof changes. With a single click you can choose between a gable or hip roof condition on a per wall basis. And by going into the roof tab of a wall specification dialog, you can change the roof pitch generated over the selected wall(s).

• Like 1

Speaking for myself, I love Chiefs roof program.  Wish it had more layer control (fascia, soffit, etc..), but other than that, once you do as these gents suggest, practice, practice and practice.. throw a bad word or two in there.. it really is cool how the planes can line up.  It amazes me what these programmers can do.  

Good luck

• Like 2