PDF printing 24x36

Hatrak

It has been a long while since I have been on this forum. Looks a lot different.

Printing an 11x17 layout to PDF no problem. Try to print to PDF 24x36 different story. Everything looks fine on screen, but PDF will only print image at 8 1/2 x 11 no matter the paper size.

Anyone know why? I need to send truss specs to the truss company and it needs to be at 24x36 for their plotter.

8 minutes ago, Hatrak said:

It has been a long while since I have been on this forum. Looks a lot different.

Printing an 11x17 layout to PDF no problem. Try to print to PDF 24x36 different story. Everything looks fine on screen, but PDF will only print image at 8 1/2 x 11 no matter the paper size.

Anyone know why? I need to send truss specs to the truss company and it needs to be at 24x36 for their plotter.

Are you using the Chief pdf printer?  (printing to it as the printer instead of saving as a pdf.?)

I think I know the problem. Going to have to download a different pdf software. Before I installed a new hard drive I used pdf995. I can't  use Chief 's pdf printer as that is not available for X5. Being that I am retired (sort of), haven't seen the advantage of upgrading considering the cost.

• Upvote 1

There are still chief users that like PDF 995 or if you are comfortable hacking into your registry you can add the larger paper sizes to Microsoft.  I have heard mention of bullzip also.  Adobe of course but that should show up as an option if you have it already.

I have downloaded both Cutepdf Writer and pdf995. Both seem to work the same. Neither has a 24x36 paper selection. But both have either 22x36 and 24x48. I am assuming the 22x36 simply chops the paper height 2" but does not affect the image.