Wall Mounted Light in Skylight Well???

gridco14

Hi!

I'm trying to get a wall mounted light inside a skylight well.   So far I figured I could put it on a wall nearby and specify the offset/height to get it to "appear" in the more or less correct place.  This kind of works, but I'm wondering if anyone has a more legit way of doing this?  I'm hopeful to get the light to automatically tilt with the slope of the well.

light in well.PNG

1 hour ago, Chopsaw said:

I would think that particular fixture would look ok if you were to just rotate the symbol to match the skylight shaft angle.

Yes, you're right.  Definitely much easier that way.   I had locked onto the OP's comment  "I'm hopeful to get the light to automatically tilt with the slope of the well."  

29 minutes ago, DzinEye said:

I had locked onto the OP's comment  "I'm hopeful to get the light to automatically tilt with the slope of the well."

I am sure it is on the to do list but not likely anywhere near the top.  Any way the symbol rotation would work for that one but not pendants on a cathedral ceiling unfortunately.

3 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

Any way the symbol rotation would work for that one but not pendants on a cathedral ceiling unfortunately.

Yes, those posts where folks are wondering why their pendants are hanging on an angle from their cathedral ceiling are entertaining!