Need help with cathedral ceiling and raised catwalk in "as-built" build

Bleedorang3

I'm trying to figure out what the best course of action is to create my cathedral ceiling and raised catwalk in my "as-built" home build. 

Short story is I'm trying to recreate my home in Chief Architect X12 in order to visualize prospective renovations. My house has a large central "great room" that has the ceiling vaulted up to the roof, through the floor above. In addition there is a raised catwalk on the floor above that connects the guest rooms. What would be the best way to go about building this? I have already measured the roof pitch on that part of the roof at 9/12. Would the best course of action be to remove the ceiling over the "great room" and use a couple of roof planes with their attached ceilings to create the ceiling system above the room?

Here are some pictures of the space, as well as what I have in Chief Architect so far. The pictures of the house are taken in the "great room" looking at the front door (with the arched transom window over top) showing the catwalk, looking _from_ the front door towards the catwalk, and one taken in the "great room" looking up at the vaulted ceiling.

Thanks so much for any help!

catwalk.jpg

catwalk_from_front_door.jpg

vaulted_ceiling.jpg

ca_pic.png

Chief builds rooms as boxes.  Some boxes are open to below and don't have a floor structure.  Others have a floor structure and are used for hallways and some of those rooms you can select whether to have a flat ceiling or be open to the underside of the trusses or rafters creating a "vaulted" look.  Check it out! ;)