Need TAS Resource

Boogdaddy

I don't know if such resource exists, but I'm looking for a resource that might offer accessibility details that are downloadable (free or pay). I am VERY familiar with the Texas Accessibility Standards...I don't need assistance with understanding TAS. I just need the drawing details, primarily for the most often used elements such as Parking Areas, Restrooms, Path of Travel/Accessible Routes, Ramps....etc.  

Does anyone know of a resource?

Thanks

Did you search for the TAS? They have graphics for quite a few requirements. Copy and paste if it suits your project.

502.2 Vehicle Spaces. Car parking spaces shall be 96 inches (2440 mm) wide minimum and van parking spaces shall be 132 inches (3350 mm) wide minimum, shall be marked to define the width, and shall have an adjacent access aisle complying with 502.3.

Figure 502.2 Vehicle Parking Spaces

23 hours ago, robdyck said:

Did you search for the TAS? They have graphics for quite a few requirements. Copy and paste if it suits your project.

502.2 Vehicle Spaces. Car parking spaces shall be 96 inches (2440 mm) wide minimum and van parking spaces shall be 132 inches (3350 mm) wide minimum, shall be marked to define the width, and shall have an adjacent access aisle complying with 502.3.

Figure 502.2 Vehicle Parking Spaces

How did you pull just this one parking detail from the TAS? I've tried pulling from the standards online and from the downloaded PDF version of TAS on my laptop. This is probably more about me being a dinosaur who hand drew everything for the last 35+ years. I just started using CA and CAD in the last 6 months and I seem to struggle with what are probably simple issues for veteran CAD users but are foreign to me. I also found the Accessible CAD Blocks in the CA Library.  They are very close to what I'm looking for, but some notes and dimensions are not compliant with TAS and I need some more details that aren't there. As mentioned, I do have the entire TAS Requirements on my computer. And I'm aware of all of the graphics. But I can't seem to "copy and paste" just the graphics or sections I need into my plan file. I've cut and pasted into my last plan file with no issues, so I'm guessing I'm doing something wrong. I had planned on some hands-on in class training with one of the CA training companies, but the COVID lockdown hit the same week I purchased the hardware and software.

22 hours ago, jmsisco said:

Thanks. The first sight has downloads. Now if I can figure out how to open the .dxf or .dwg files I'll be in business. I might need a program or app that will open those. And I'm on a Mac and I don't know if that is an issue.

22 minutes ago, Boogdaddy said:

Now if I can figure out how to open the .dxf or .dwg files I'll be in business

Just drag the file into a new cad detail. That simple...more or less!

And you can copy and paste text from the pdf file...ADA Standards. To copy a graphic, ADOBE  has a screen snipping tool built in.

You'd have to double check about the copyrights of course.

image.thumb.png.3cbecb769e3844c73a428648877a9b7f.png

Just now, Boogdaddy said:

Got it. Thanks

You bet! Something else you might find helpful is creating a specific note type just for calling out ADA code standards Combined with a note schedule that includes that note type only can be a simple and powerful way to identify the code standards throughout various drawings in your plan. 

image.thumb.png.00270e5c17c9fdafeea6caabad8e77c3.pngimage.thumb.png.ae37fc192d0163c20a6eb1a4ac9b0bf3.png

4 hours ago, robdyck said:

Just drag the file into a new cad detail. That simple...more or less!

And you can copy and paste text from the pdf file...ADA Standards. To copy a graphic, ADOBE  has a screen snipping tool built in.

You'd have to double check about the copyrights of course.

image.thumb.png.3cbecb769e3844c73a428648877a9b7f.png

There is screen grab on your Mac built in where you can select what you want copy it to your clipboard and paste it into a cad detail as a picture.