Window Casing Custom

tomfeehan

I'm relatively new to this  . .   however . . .  I'm assuming Chief allows an easy way to create window trim options, in this case I'm looking for a Craftsman casing design that I can use in the default section so I don't have to go around and apply custom moldings individually to every window interior.  Can anyone help?  Much appreciated!  

A simple head casing can be defined on the lintel tab when setting your window defaults.  More complex head trim can be achieved on the treatments tab.  You'll find a lot of good information with a forum search or with F! (help).

If that doesn't help, you'll need to be more specific about what you're trying to accomplish.  Post a picture.

How kind of both of you, MoeGia & Rpadge, quick response and I'm sure I'll be able to figure it out from here.  

I am a fan of WindsorONE products and the link shows the style of profiles I will be using on this upcoming project.

https://windsorone.com/products/moldings/classical-craftsman/

Included below is the first preliminary pic sent to customer.  I will be detailing out exterior with similar moldings at eaves, columns, etc.  Again, thanks for the help.

603989278_WestRay9420.thumb.jpg.c9e6a62a6c0290c06c7e7929e8615004.jpg

Here are two snips from the WindsorOne catalog's Craftsman section, showing the lintel/casing intersect and that for the sill/apron under the casing.

To get that look in 3D Chief, you will create your own molding profiles, one for the lintel consisting of the SINGLE OUTLINE of the stack of the crown, the board, and the bullnose piece.  Use it in your default defining the extend as zero.  Then examine it in 3D or elevation and play with the extend to get what you want.

For the sill, create another custom molding consisting again of the SINGLE OUTLINE of the stack of the sill, the scotia, and the apron, making sure the sill's inside edge is the same as where the back of the apron board is.  Chief does not do a stool that reaches into the window.  When you use this, you will spec an extend of zero and a wrap.

We do this creating custom moldings that emulate multi-piece stacks because a.) Chief does not have molding stacking for window trim, and b.) if we want an apron, we prefer to have control of its appearance.  

2020-09-17 14_09_21-WindsorONE_Full_Catalog_07-2020(Web).pdf - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.png

2020-09-17 14_10_14-WindsorONE_Full_Catalog_07-2020(Web).pdf - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.png

9 minutes ago, solver said:

Not sure what you are referring to with SINGLE OUTLINE, but you can use a Stacked Molding for these.

Place individual profiles in plan, position as desired, save to Library as a Stacked Molding.

Which allows for different materials.