Changing calibz install location (Suite)

Sardines_Fun

My laptop has 2 drives, the C: (smaller SSD) for the Operating system and other critical programs and a D: (Large spinning) drive is for everything else. I've installed the Suite to the D: drive but whenever I install calibz Catalogs files they default to the C: drive. I see in preferences they're set up to install in "C:\ProgramData\Home Designer Suite 2021\Manufacturer Libraries" but there doesn't appear to be away to change that. 

Is there a registry key, or something else,  I can change to move the install location?

You really should be posting there 

https://hometalk.chiefarchitect.com/forum/5-qa/

CA has System Library Database folder setting that allows you to specify this location. Home Designer Suite 2021  I do not know..

In windows you can set this setting additionally by modifying

C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Chief Architect Inc\Chief Architect Premier X12.ini

Shared%20System%20Library%20Database%20Folder=...

• Upvote 1

Thanks BrownTiger,

That's the type of setting I was looking for. I'll play around with that file and see if that lets me get the Manufact. Lib. on the D drive. 

And thanks for the heads up on the other Forum. When I created my account today this is where it took me, didn't realize I missed.

Sardine

7 minutes ago, Sardines_Fun said:

That's the type of setting I was looking for. I'll play around with that file and see if that lets me get the Manufact. Lib. on the D drive. 

Don't play with the file too much with out making a copy of the original first.

• Upvote 1

BrownTiger,

Just wanted to follow-up that your fix worked. Changed the below line and it's writing the libraries to the D: now. Thanks again!

Manufacturer%20Data%20Path=D:/Program Files/Home Design/Home Designer Suite 2021/Manufacturer Data/

And Chopsaw, thanks for the advice. Yes, been there and done that, ALWAYS make backups now. Lesson learned the hard way...

Hey Sardine..  love them in mustard sauce BTW, don't forget to clean out your archive folder too.  I found that's where most of my "C" space was being wasted. You can move over to D or delete.  And the end of the day I usually upload to Dropbox (with a new name-date), "THEN" delete the archives.  But good to have when you have a crash or power outage, until then.

• Upvote 1