Showing Interior Finish Wall Dimensions

Mark_Peterson

9 minutes ago, Mark_Peterson said:

I'm running Chief X12. When I dimension, I want to show the interior finish dimensions automatically. I can't seem to find a way to do that any suggestions?

If you are referring to the Automatic Interior Dimension Tool, then navigate to Edit\Default Setting\Dimensions\Automatic Interior Dimensions\ and on the Locate Objects Panel in the Wall section check the Surfaces designation

Sorry guys, I thought I had filled out my signature. 

And thanks Renerabbit, I was looking to display the interior dimensions automatically, like when you use interior dimension tool. When I set to surfaces, it will go to the interior finish in one room, but then it will go to outside of the other wall, if that makes sense. I want it to display within that room. Does that make sense?

12 minutes ago, Mark_Peterson said:

Sorry guys, I thought I had filled out my signature. 

And thanks Renerabbit, I was looking to display the interior dimensions automatically, like when you use interior dimension tool. When I set to surfaces, it will go to the interior finish in one room, but then it will go to outside of the other wall, if that makes sense. I want it to display within that room. Does that make sense?

Use the "@" to notify me when responding else I might miss it :)
Yes that makes sense and their is no tool that will restrictively dimension just 1 room...their are a few workarounds I could think of but none worth the time. Simpler to just use the interior dimension tool.
Keep in mind that you could use the auto interior dimension tool and then use either restrictive selection of dimensions or the select marquee simlar tool combined with the contained selection mode to quickly select and delete all unwanted dims from the auto interior dimension tool

1 hour ago, Renerabbitt said:

Yes that makes sense and their is no tool that will restrictively dimension just 1 room

Am I missing something?

You can select a single room or multiple rooms and then use the Auto Interior Dimension tool from the Edit menu.

This will only give you dimensions for inside the rooms.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, glennw said:

Am I missing something?

You can select a single room or multiple rooms and then use the Auto Interior Dimension tool from the Edit menu.

This will only give you dimensions for inside the rooms.

Brain fart today.. Glen you're absolutely right. Been out of it all day I think from these stupid fires and terrible air quality. Thank you for correcting me

Rene,

Very understandable given the conditions.

Often I don't know if I am misunderstanding, missing something or not following the thread correctly, or if it is the poster who is not understanding or making some type of mistake.

Anyway...all is good.

Take care.