Slide -In Range

GaryOhmer

Hi Gary!

We are trying to move toward making these objects behave in a way that is more realistic to construction/installation. My understanding is that you don't need a cabinet carcass in reality to install a Slide-in Range... we've tried to mimic that installation w/ the latest update of the objects.

I hope that we will be able to go in the same direction with Dishwashers and Trash Compactors in the future, though those are slightly more complicated because it would be nice to have a countertop automatically cover the tops of those objects.

What do you and others think about our adoption of this? I know there is a slight changing in learning curve since version 3.

Hi Gary!

We are trying to move toward making these objects behave in a way that is more realistic to construction/installation. My understanding is that you don't need a cabinet carcass in reality to install a Slide-in Range... we've tried to mimic that installation w/ the latest update of the objects.

I hope that we will be able to go in the same direction with Dishwashers and Trash Compactors in the future, though those are slightly more complicated because it would be nice to have a countertop automatically cover the tops of those objects.

What do you and others think about our adoption of this? I know there is a slight changing in learning curve since version 3.

This is a great comment.  I understand CA's dilemma.  I love the fact that I can put a DW in a 24" cabinet.  But we all understand that the DW does not go in a cabinet,  but between cabinets,  yet there is a countertop above the opening for the DW.

I really noticed this when putting in WINE REFRIGERATORS in.  It seems like I get a toe kick or something....  whatever....  it ain't right.

I think you guys  should come up  with THE INVISIBLE CARCASS THAT HAS A COUNTERTOP option.  This would do it for me.  I like the fact that these appliances go into a cabinet so I get the countertop.

I get the fact I can use a custom countertop,  but I do not like this solution as much.

Thanks CA moderator whoever you are.