ICF build- windows close to door okay?

DianeP

2 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Yes and no.  Those little 8" wall sections should likely just be framed conventionally.  That would mean one single 17'+ cutout.

Is there a distance I could move those windows over where it could still be ICF?  I guess what I am asking is what is the minimum space between openings where ICF can still be used?

• 3 weeks later...

You will need to keep in mind that with ICF's wall openings are framed with pressure treated 2x's. These serve as a concrete stop as well as a surface to attach the windows and doors to. Your openings will have to be 3" larger than the rough opening specified by the window / door manufacturer. With all of that being said I would make the ICF's a minimum of 12". This will also allow a bit of room to get your rebar installed and maintain 3" concrete coverage over the bars.

5 hours ago, Dhackworth said:

You will need to keep in mind that with ICF's wall openings are framed with pressure treated 2x's. These serve as a concrete stop as well as a surface to attach the windows and doors to. Your openings will have to be 3" larger than the rough opening specified by the window / door manufacturer. With all of that being said I would make the ICF's a minimum of 12". This will also allow a bit of room to get your rebar installed and maintain 3" concrete coverage over the bars.

IOW, your 8" ought to grow to 15"

But tell us why you want ICF there at all.

A situation as shown in the OP should almost certainly have the structural requirements designed by an engineer. It's most likely outside of the scope of the manufacturer's pre-engineered details / tables, and probably outside the scope of the appropriate building code as well. Engineering would be required in Canada. And @Alaskan_Son is correct; best to have a single opening, and wood-frame the dividing portions.