How to change the orientation of a floor plan

MovingandShaking

Does that mean you are rotating 90 deg or some random angle ?   It may be best to just rotate your layout boxes in the layout.  Chief does not like some random angles.

Normally you would not rotate the model and simply rotate your plot plan and north arrow but not the terrain as it stays with the house.

3 hours ago, MovingandShaking said:

Hi there, I need to rotate my whole floor plan to show north as 'up' on the page. I think I need to do this by rotating the terrain, but I'm not having luck. Thanks for your advise! I'm currently using Chief Architect x11.

That is what the "North Pointer" tool is for, never, and I mean NEVER rotate a plan, it is programmed to work best in the North-South on your computer screen only. Or you can rotate the plan and then be sorry, like the first time I tried it, it is your choice.

DJP

• Like 1

DJP,  I have appreciated your comments about this topic in another discussion and I will NOT be rotating the house in plan view, per your advice; in fact, I made this mistake once and had to scrap my project and start over. So, I've rotated the terrain and North Pointer, but I'm not getting the results I'm hoping for. My plan is currently oriented so west, rather than north, is at the top of the page. I can rotate the whole kit and caboodle in layout, but my annotations won't rotate along with it. Clearly, I'll be doing things differently in the future, but I'm hoping to fix the mess I'm in. It seems like it *should* be simple...but maybe it isn't.

27 minutes ago, MovingandShaking said:

I can rotate the whole kit and caboodle in layout, but my annotations won't rotate along with it. Clearly, I'll be doing things differently in the future, but I'm hoping to fix the mess I'm in. It seems like it *should* be simple...but maybe it isn't.

image.thumb.png.d8ae61fecf97f4797e92c6555702653c.png