Gable vents

mulligan

X-10

This is probably something simple that I am just overlooking, but I am having trouble not displaying gable vents in plan view.

I have attempted to simply change the layer from window to something else that I am not dispylaing, however when I do this it leaves a void in the wall where the vent would be.

Any suggestions?

Here is the rub. In order to convert to a symbol it must be the only thing visible in 3d mode. Because technically it is a window it has to be placed in a wall and if I turn the wall display off poof the window/gable vent is also turned off. If I attempt to convert with the wall on, it converts both the vent and wall into a symbol.

Solver I wonder why it won't let me> When I try to place it in the gable it automatically places at window height. 

The room divider and transforming to a symbol recommendation appear to be coming along I just have to manually move it to the right location in plan view to align with the wall cladding properly.

image.thumb.png.fef01a42b48318f21704d81df39e2169.png

Thank you solver. A little trial and error with the symbol conversion got me where I need to be.

rgardner. Bingo! I had the walls balloon framed (local code requirement). Un checking the balloon frame will place the vent above the gable but you can drag it down and it will not show up in the wall!

Thank you guys!
image.thumb.png.05b18d24a1ffd91c28cadd1459894d4d.png