Exterior Stairs

builtright3

On 9/12/2020 at 12:59 PM, SNestor said:

Joe - I did the best I could with your plan...got it maybe 95%.  

The thing about stairs is you need to make sure they are contained in a "room".  That is the biggest thing. I also created a foundation below the room...I called it a garage just to quickly create a room with a slab. You may not want that...but, I was just trying to get a floor under the stair. 

I made some notes on the plans attached to help clarify what I did. I had to break the stair rail wall in a number of places and change the rail designation and heights to get it all to work...but the key to everything is using some invisible walls on the 2nd floor to create a "room". 

Hope the attached plan fix helps...Harco Plan 2 - Steve Fix.plan

On 9/12/2020 at 3:27 AM, Mark3D said:

I played with this problem I got it working in very manual way i remove railing settings and room definition and draw post and beams manually  to get it working, also edited the wall to shape of railings manually and drew a floor slab manually  this might be a way out of this problem

Harco1.plan

Thank you both for your help! I was finally able to finish this plan you helped me with. I used ideas and techniques from both of your plans that you worked on and I was able to achieve what I needed.
I really appreciate your help