Molding distortion on my column

stevenyhof

I have two questions, both in this same picture...

1. My column molding is distorting on the top. On the rear of this house I wanted to learn more about making my header/beam using a railing wall and my columns I made. I'm liking this better than on the front of this home where I create a molding to make my header/beam and then add my columns in. I even made my columns smaller and places symbol columns over the top of the existing built into the railing wall, but they would not fit over the top - conflict - and also did the same distortion on the top molding.
  2. The other is the roof frieze board. Looks strange. I figure there may be something I am missing to make this look right. I was very careful with my dimensioning of the rail wall and my roof. I even tried the using "Edit Wall Layer Intersections" tool - but that did nothing. That may be more for how a plan looks. I also tried the "Wall Intersection" options in Structure.

The file is too large to upload here so I will include a link to the file from my google drive... https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ir7TdOUleweaC7DFxXqp3hEvQ2eKn-K7/view?usp=sharing

Thank you,

Steve

column.jpg

column_standard_post_10-02.plan

On the house file I uploaded, I did not include the front porch header - not drawn yet. I am making that now. But, I am finding something very strange going on with my columns. Now I am thinking I have a funny insertion point or making the columns wider is doing something funny. They are drawn 10" square on the column and the molding outside of that. So I am making it larger so that my columns are 12" square (roughly) for this plan. The plan view shows they are centered, but the 3D are offset. Hmmm, offset... I will need to check that...
4.thumb.jpg.633aa579e2e89565a137f239202e67f0.jpg3.jpg