Default siding shows up on to of inside walls

BelfastCNC

If I change the default siding on exterior walls and build a house with no flat ceiling then add interior walls i end up with 

the default (changed) exterior siding on the top of walls. if i do not change the default siding it puts drywall top and bottom

depending on direction drawn the error occurs either inside the room or outside

Interior wall with exterior siding.jpg

Interior wall with exterior siding plan view.jpg

If I am understanding your question, Could be two things;  One you painted the wall.  If you did, changing the default won't correct the wall.  You will need to delete and redraw.  If that's not the case, see if this works; Go to the wall DBX,and on the roof tab, check the lower wall and then pick the wall you want showing on the interior side.

Capture.JPG

1.       Open New Plan Chief Architect Premier X10

2.       Edit-Reset to Defaults, All Floors, select all default boxes

3.       Default Settings-Walls-Exterior Walls, Edit, Materials, Exterior Surface (Lap Siding), Select Material, Select Cream Board & Batton, Click OK,

4.       Click OK on Exterior wall Defaults

5.       Click Done on Default settings

6.       Draw 20’x20’ Exterior wall building

7.       Open wall specification dialog box, select roof, the select full Gabe Wall, Click OK

8.       Do step 7 on the opposite wall

9.       Place to cameras on opposite diagonal corners

10.   Walls may or may not have the original default “Blue Siding” or the default I selected “cream Board & Batton” it seems that if I draw walls CW they all end up as blue siding but if I draw them CCW the first wall is Blue siding and the rest are correct cream board 7 baton.

11.   In camera view use Material Eye Dropper to sample a correct wall then use material painter to correct walls that have Blue Siding to Cream Board & batton

12.   Save Plan

13.   Select Room (Entire House) Open room specifications

14.   Select Structure, Deselect Flat Ceiling Over this Room, Click OK

15.   Place a Camera inside house at corner pointed diagonally across house

16.   Open build roof dialog select build roof plane, Click OK

17.   Interior walls on including gables are all dry wall inside and board and baton outside

18.   Draw L shape interior walls from Gable end to a side wall

19.   Sometimes just the upper section of the wall shows the exterior siding some times even a lower wall has the exterior siding

20.   In camera view use Material Eye Dropper to sample a correct Drywall wall then use material painter to correct walls that have exterior siding to be drywall

I included the plans at different point in the process 

Interior wall with exterior siding.jpg

Upper and lower wall wrong.jpg

Wall Proble Rev A all walls corrected.plan

Wall Proble Rev A Messed up 2 interior walls.plan

Wall Proble Rev A.plan

21 hours ago, solver said:

I was able to reproduce easily in X12.

I drew one structure and got this.

ct1.thumb.png.11e4355545faa23291c3fd94b0d0dc89.png

Then drew another in the same plan and got this.

ct2.thumb.png.f34951d400c9b720f8b238448c152a17.png

Instead of changing the material, create a new wall type with the material you want. When I did this, walls were correct.

That did the trick.  One other issue i found is if i draw one of the walls right on the centerline of the roof it draws a top wall all the way across the building

Only way i found to fix is go to atic in plan add break at corner and then make the bad piece invisible 

centerline 3d.jpg

Centerline plan.jpg