Delete Part of Polyline Object

DeltaHome

Hello Chief Architect Professionals!

I would like to delete the two inside vertical bars in this polyline object and I can't figure out how to:

image.thumb.png.95f587976db7f2d21ad63c25e62fd87f.png

CAD line and then Scissors deletes the entire object.  I thought by putting a fence at the top and bottom of the two vertical bars I could delete the material in between, but either it does not work or I don't yet know how to properly use fences.  Is there a way to delete the two inside vertical bars which you can share with me?

Thank you in advance. 

Thank you for replying Eric.  The object is an overlap of two separate narrow polyline objects which I created.  I overlapped them thinking that I could make a wider single polyline object and then just delete the two resulting interior vertical bars.  I did this after I tried to delete one side of each and then overlap them at the appropriate width and then Union the two polyline objects.  But I cannot figure out how to select only a part of a polyline object.  How do I do it?  Or better yet, what is the appropriate way to accomplish this task?  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

image.png.86cc70252b822d16107b0f7dc345209b.png

That is good to know about lines.  Thank you.

However, my object is constructed from boxes, not lines.  And then I Unioned the boxes (the idea was to be able to make a thick line by joining boxes and then filling them with Solid Black or other color fill as needed.

So what I have to do is to delete part of an object while leaving the remainder of the object.

Sorry for the delay.  To upload the plan I needed to save and close it.  The drawing is of a bisected footing.  The object which I would like to make wider is a rebar stirrup.  The stirrup as shown is wide enough for the footing with an 18" wide stemwall (not attached) but must be made wider for the footing with the 24" stemwall (as depicted).

Also any and all additional comments, critiques (and even criticisms), suggestions or questions are accepted and appreciated.

TEST.plan

Edit:  I must run to pick up my wife, so I will be out of pocket for a little over an hour.  Thank you.

Brilliant as usual!

Helpful as usual!

The Stretch CAD worked perfectly after I selected the part to stretch.  I never would have found that function under the Edit menu.  Thank you!

I want to learn to make CAD Blocks, but the following apparently applies to my CAD drawing:

"If the Make CAD Block edit button is not available, then the selection set may contain an object that is not an eligible CAD block component."

So, I apparently do not know how to make a proper CAD drawing.  If you have time would you show or tell me where to look to learn to make the 3/8" radiused cornered rectangle which you displayed in your second video?

I don't want to wear out my welcome, so if and when you have time and interest.

You have been a Godsend to my learning of this program.

Thank you.