Plan Problems

CAmichael240114

Palmer Plan: As-Built with Problems

I have drawn an as-built plan for a house which is to be altered/re-modeled

I have spent some hours trying fix some issues within the plan but have had no success

Problems:

1.     On floor 2 the floor planking in the hall should run length ways in the hall.

I have tried coping the texture and rotating the planking texture 90º but it won’t rotate in the plan. See mark-up on the plan.

2.     The roof has flat soffits all around the roof eaves. All roof planes have the same settings but in one area the soffit slopes up following the rafter.

Also on three corners of the roof soffits they do not meet, there is a triangular hole.

See mark-up on the plan.

3.     On floor 1 there is a middle dividing wall the length of the house. The wall construction is exposed framing on one side and lining on the other side. For an unknown reason or it seems that when it re-builds when looked at in 3D a coloured cover or lining appears over the exposed side of the wall. If it is removed with the remove material surface tool the wall is as it should be but it keeps reappearing. See mark-up on the plan.

4.     On floor 2 there is the same issue as above with the end balcony wall.

It has exposed framing with Clearlite siding on the exterior, no lining on the interior side.

A lining appears over the exposed side of the wall. See mark-up on the plan.

Plan file attached

Any help would be appreciated thanks

Floor 1 Garage Mid Wall - Wrong.JPG

Flr 1 Garage Mid Wall - Right.JPG

Flr 2 Balcony End Wall-Wrong.JPG

Flr 2 Balcony End Wall -  Right.JPG

Palmer Existing Test.plan

One at a time.

For the end walls with the exposed framing.

All you need is a wall definition that contains a framing material for the main layer like the attached pic.

No need to build a wall and do manual framing.

You can then just draw the wall and build framing for that one wall if you don't want to build all the framing.

I noticed that you have  Auto Rebuild Walls/Floors/Ceiling toggled off.

This should normally be toggled on in most cases to keep the model updated as you work.

You also have an unused Picture File Box over the living area - is that doing something?

Screen Shot 2020-09-04 at 11.08.07 am.png

Thanks Eric and Glenn for your replies

I assume the fixes are:

1.The roof baseline polyline fixed the soffit slope problem due to the step-back in the balcony exterior wall.

2. Changing the framing material definition back to a frame material fixed the two wall problems.

Still can't resolve the floor planking texture, as I said I tried to copy and rotate the texture with no change, I just tried again, no change.

3. Still can't fix the gap in the back soffit

4. Glen you said -

"You also have an unused Picture File Box over the living area - is that doing something?", not sure what you are referring to.

I normally have the re-build "on" but turned it off to see what happened.

Thanks Michael

Thanks for the video Eric

I know the use of the Floor Structure DBX and the Floor Finish DBX.

As I see it the Floor Finish is for floor overlays, overlay flooring panels, carpet, tiles, vinyl etc.

Floor Structure is for concrete slabs, permanent particle board flooring or strip flooring fixed directly to the floor joists and for the floor joists/framing (all permanent floor structure items).

If you put the floor planking/T&g strip flooring as you demonstrated in the Floor Finish then there is no floor surface on the floor structure.

The top plate height is measured from the top of the floor structure surface to the top of the top plate.

The skirting/base moulding sits on the floor structure top surface, both as in the real world.

In CA if there is “no” floor surface in the Floor Structure, the top plate is measured from the top of the floor joists and the skirting/base moulding sits on the floor joists, not correct or as in the real world.

It would seem that in the Floor Structure DBX you cannot rotate each rooms texture, it rotates the entire buildings floor surface, you can only do it in the Floor Finish DBX.

Just a note about the gap in the corner roof soffit, I cut back the main roof planes each side (marked green) and inserted two small corner roof planes (marked red) and it worked and filled in the gap Ok, tried it again on another plan and it wouldn’t work, must need a fix, I will send it into tech support.

Thanks for the help

Roof Corner Fix.JPG