Does CA X5 run on Windows 10?

HaoleBoy

Aloha everyone.  I'm a computer geek and I am going to be upgrading a client's computer from Win 8 to Win 10. He's currently running CA X5 and is happy with it. Will CA X5 run on Win 10?  The only documentation I could find refers to Windows 8. Most programs that run on 8 will run on 10, but if CA X5 won't this is a big deal for him.

Mahalo,

Harry Z

It should run (My version X1-X12 run just fine side by side). The only difference between me and you is that My license to run Chief Premier is up to date and yours is not. All you should need is the "MSI or CAB" files and then most important your software seat's license number (without that you are screwed). Then if your client's version of X5 requires software drivers for its "Software Lock or Dongle" those can be downloaded for Windows 10 from the software locks website. It is not very complicated to do but demanding in its simplicity and steps. I have Library Files for X5 which are NOT available elsewhere today. Contact me if you need any specific help.

DJP

X5 is not supported on Windows 10.  Windows 10 was not available when X5 was released over 7 years ago.

That said, you should be able to get X5 to run on windows 10 without too many problems.  The biggest problems that people see usually have to do with video card drivers.

Another thing you might want to consider is that upgrades are currently 20% off.  More information can be found here:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/products/upgrade.html

• Upvote 1