Dining Room Table Model

SLBovenizer

I am attempting to model this dining room table. I am having a difficult time trying to create a polyline of the top profile. I've tried using lines, arcs and splines but cannot get an accurate representation of the profile. I can select the table top outline but cannot turn the marching ants into a polyline either. Please someone tell me the trick to making an outline of this table top so I can build the top and do a 3D molded polyline for the sides of the top. I'll deal with the legs once I get this much done. Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

Dining Room Table material.png

Not something I have time to describe in great detail but it's totally doable. I offer custom modeling like this as a service, but here's a quickie on the house. Just take a look at the attached screenshot and plan to see roughly how I did it.  Essentially though I just used a bunch of arcs, modeled a single quadrant, then copied/reflected, and joined.

pic.thumb.jpg.2e01764cb79ff49e2cb387dd363ff09c.jpg

Tabletop.plan

P.S.  All those little + signs are Arc Centers/Ends

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SLBovenizer said:

I am forever grateful Alaskan_Son! I understand completely. Makes total sense. Thank you. Thank you. Let me know if you have any computer hardware or software related issues. That is my expertise. Happy to reciprocate. Stay well.

No problem.  I'll let you know if anything ever comes up.  Thanks :)