DRAWING ONLY INTERIOR WALLS

Colorgirl

Hi -

I'm a kitchen & bath designer who used 2020, so I'm brand new to Chief Architect.  Please bear with me as I'm sure my question will make most of you laugh lol...

Is it possible to just create interior walls? If so (fingers crossed haha), how do I go about doing that?  I can't seem to find any information on creating ONLY interior walls.

Thank you all so much!

If you're trying to accomplish things like this...

room.thumb.jpg.756bb6714a7a282a631549dac366d008.jpg

...then simply draw your desired "interior" walls using the appropriate wall types, use one or more walls set to Invisible to enclose the room, and then either uncheck Flat Ceiling Over This Room to remove the ceiling or simply turn off the Ceiling Surfaces layer.

1 hour ago, solver said:

Lots of articles and videos on the Chief website, and on the Chief YouTube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7jB5YPuzy5utIP1tF3w2mQ

With Chief, it's best to start by drawing a building -- just 4 walls with a roof and foundation, then drawing your kitchen or bath within it.

Select the interior wall tool and draw away.

Thank you!!

1 hour ago, Alaskan_Son said:

If you're trying to accomplish things like this...

room.thumb.jpg.756bb6714a7a282a631549dac366d008.jpg

...then simply draw your desired "interior" walls using the appropriate wall types, and use one or more walls set to Invisible to enclose the room and then either uncheck Flat Ceiling Over This Room to remove the ceiling or simply turn off the Ceiling Surfaces layer.

Yes, that's exactly what I'm looking for!  Thank you!!

1 hour ago, DzinEye said:

...and if you want to view your model the way Alaskan_Son is showing it there with the camera-facing walls invisible then in your camera dbx (dialogue-box) check the box as shown in the snip below.  

Hide Wall.JPG

Awesome, thank you!!

Also be aware that there is really no such thing as an "interior" or "exterior" wall tool - these terms are a bit misleading.

They are just two different wall tools and either one can be used as an interior or exterior wall.

The 2 wall tools may as well just be called "wall type 1" and "wall Type 2".

Chief recognises the difference between and "exterior" or "interior" wall by it's location in the model - not by the wall tool used to draw the wall.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, glennw said:

Also be aware that there is really no such thing as an "interior" or "exterior" wall tool - these terms are a bit misleading.

They are just two different wall tools and either one can be used as an interior or exterior wall.

The 2 wall tools may as well just be called "wall type 1" and "wall Type 2".

Chief recognises the difference between and "exterior" or "interior" wall by it's location in the model - not by the wall tool used to draw the wall.

Good to know, thank you!