EXTERIOR LANDING

mtldesigns

I have a exterior staircase with a landing about 2/3's up.  Using the stair tool, it all works out great, nice rise/run.  The issue is the landing is not "decking" material as is the deck it connects too.  Is the only fix, is to create a "floating deck" at the height of this landing and connect it with two separate stairs?  By going this route, framing would be better too..  so I think I answered my own question.  Pipe in if there is a different method..

LANDING.jpg

I thought it would also.  And you can find "planks" as a material type.. but its not actual planks as you would see on a deck, its flooring.  The underside of this deck also tells me that this is intended for a interior landing.  Try changing that material to "no material" or "air gap", and the frame looks like paper.. I don't know how else to describe it.  

3 hours ago, mtldesigns said:

I don't know how else to describe it.  

Well stairs and landings need more work, all the things we have been requesting for a while now but we always seem to get other things instead for better of worse I suppose.;)

10 hours ago, Chopsaw said:

I believe the landing gets it material properties from the attached stair so change that and the whole job should match.

image.thumb.png.b66091386ef68b6912650f4160f7404d.png

The color is correct but the material type is not. The stairs do not show the 2x6 with the gap.
I also noticed that in the stair defaults there is no difference in materials between the interior and exterior stairs (out of the chief box) but they they do have two separate default settings.
Just an observation.

I always just work around these issues but it would help if Chief improved there stair and deck setup. I'm sure it's not easy to program or it would be better. Not a big deal to me at the present time but it may be to others.