Exporting Floor Plans for Use in PowerPoint

Mintplanner

Hello All,

I've read some threads but didn't see my issue exactly, so here we go....

I need marketing floor plans for use in PowerPoint to obtain financing from a bank.

I'm using the Export Picture feature, and trying to find an appropriate setting upon which Importing into PowerPoint, the jagged edges are gone and text is legible.  I've found the "Do Not Reduce" image size setting in PowerPoint and checked the box.  I've tried exporting floor plan views from Chief at various Pixels/Inch, but they all appear the same.

My screen resolution is 1920 x 1080.  Do I need to reduce my screen resolution?

Thanks in advance, and I'm sorry I still us X7.

Tim

I just tested an import of .pdf into PowerPoint and it failed.  Why?  Because that's what my old school boss asked for.  I've asked how he intends to share this information but he hasn't responded.

If I could generate the presentation within Chief, that seems easier, but what if he wants fancy transitions?

Forgot to mention: I have a Saved Plan View (SPV) just for presentation views. That's what I use for my screen captures. Has only the info I need for marketing. You could do the same using Annosets (don't remember if X7 has those.) If not, just use a layerset modified to suit.

You can only export plan views as images using your current screen resolution (or more accurately, your current window size).  In theory, this image should not look distorted when brought into power point unless power point is adjusting the image size for some reason.  You could try making the image larger in a photo editing program that might do a better job of enlarging the image with less distortion.  Other things you might want to try would be to use a format that is vector based rather than raster based, such as DWG or EMF.  If power point can't import either of these, you could maybe use another program to convert these into higher resolution images.

Just as an FYI, you can export camera views to an image that is much higher than screen resolution if you like.  I know that some people use top down floor overviews for making presentation floor plan views.

I do historical presentations for my museum and extensive family history in the 1800's in the Niagara Falls region.

I mainly use .jpg's in Chief's layout tool

they are generally 40-60 pages in length

I then save the layout to .PDF 

I find this easier to do rather than re-learn Powerpoint (I've had some classes)

I don't have all the fancy transistions etc - but then again are they really needed ?

If the .jpg's are saved directly from Chief to your HD I don't see why they couldn't be used in Powerpoint ?

Another tool to consider is MS Onenote which allows for annotation of the .jpg's and live weblinks

imports of emails and much more

Lew