Font for free or must I buy it? Century Gothic

GeneDavis

I have become a big fan of Rene Rabbitt and to be a true follower, must now change my whole program to using his favorite font, Century Gothic.

No more Chief Blueprint or My Hand or Frank the Architect or Graphite or any other of the hand-draw stuff.  21st century all the way.

But I cannot find it except for one or more of the pay-for-font sites, and I have never bought a font before.  Furthermore, I am wary of a font download free or pay, because of all the malware that may tag along.  Anybody know a safe way to get Century Gothic?

Yeah, it's nowhere.  There were articles I found in searches that said look for it in the Windows Recycle Bin, but it's not there.  A few articles seem to be saying that it went gone when Win10 came.

Guess I will have to buy it if I want it.

Thanks to Alan (ACAD User) I now have all the variations of Century Gothic installed in my Windows font folder.

But Chief does not have them identified.  Does someone have a tip for how to get these fonts, in my Windows font folder, accessible for Chief?

5 hours ago, solver said:

Looks like it's (it was) installed with MS Office and not part of the standard Windows fonts.

I think Eric maybe right.... I still run Office 2007 , and it was in my Font folder, personally I've been using Swis721 (Included below too), which is very similar to Arial for a while for the same reasons.  (Swis721 is similar to Mac's Helvetica Font which is how I came across it )

FONTS : Gothic+Swis721-Fonts.zip

Mick.

16 hours ago, GeneDavis said:

I have become a big fan of Rene Rabbitt and to be a true follower, must now change my whole program to using his favorite font, Century Gothic.

No more Chief Blueprint or My Hand or Frank the Architect or Graphite or any other of the hand-draw stuff.  21st century all the way.

But I cannot find it except for one or more of the pay-for-font sites, and I have never bought a font before.  Furthermore, I am wary of a font download free or pay, because of all the malware that may tag along.  Anybody know a safe way to get Century Gothic?

I use Century Gothic for some things as well (have for many years) however it's worth pointing out that it is a fairly wide font and occupies more horizontal space than many others. Something to be aware of, that's all.

14 minutes ago, robdyck said:

I use Century Gothic for some things as well (have for many years) however it's worth pointing out that it is a fairly wide font and occupies more horizontal space than many others. Something to be aware of, that's all.

Good Point. Fonts with significant space between each character are rarely used for the main text body. Not only do they consume more horizontal space but they are not the best for reading. Wider character spaced fonts are usually reserved for titles and headings. In typography if a wider spaced font is used because the typographer likes the character style the typographer will often adjust the spacing to tighten up the characters, publishing software and programs such as MS Word have this capability.

12 minutes ago, TheKitchenAbode said:

Wider character spaced fonts are usually reserved for titles and headings.

To add a bit more context, I use Century Gothic for Room Labels and other titles in plans that are of a modern or contemporary style only.