Help with calibz install

GeneDavis

I am not good at this library stuff.  No good at all.

Wanting to install a single calibz symbol in my user library, I was able to download it into a file, but not successful getting it into my Chief.  I ended up duplicating my entire user library three times and now have four copies of everything.  My directory reads, for example

Cessi chair 1

Cessi chair 1

Cessi chair 1

Cessi chair 1

Cessi chair 2

Cessi chair 2

Cessi chair 2

Cessi chair 2

And on and on. Hundreds of repititions.

So how is one single calibz symbol installed.  I need detailed instructions for doing it.

And is there an easy way to delete duplicates?

Look at the thread Rene Rabbet has in the Symbols and Content section.  He has a bunch of symbols there of furniture, fixtures, and more.  Single-file downloads, or I guess that is what a .calibz is.  I downloaded a bed symbol, and one for a nightstand with edison-bulb light on its top.

They look like this in the folder into which they downloaded.

2020-08-30 13_32_36-Chris.png

2020-08-30 13_36_55-Chris.png

7 hours ago, solver said:

Library > Import Library

Still works the best .....

some of the others rely on Windows file associations to be correct and if you have multiple versions of Chief installed it may install into the wrong version with a double click.

Drag and drop seems to lose the textures sometimes but the Library Menu > Import just works..... always in my experience.

Don't know any easy way to clean up your User Library, sorry.

In X12 in preferences there is now a button to "re-associate X12" with the File extensions like .plan, .layout ( ruined by installing sketchup) , .calibz , and .calib file types.

image.thumb.png.0ab0f971ad171de3d2878f640e66b8ac.png