Auto NKBA dimensioning

Designer1

I tried looking at the online training videos to help out with this but couldnt find an answer.  Does anyone know why the dimension look so big like this?  Usually the dimensions change to get smaller or appropriate size if you export something.  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Kitchen.jpg

Hi Eric, thanks for the reply.  Im starting the process for working drawings and Im using some auto dimensions to get it started, however even though I havent made any changes to the default dimension settings they seem too big.  Im using X11, is this just how it looks until you export to layout?

Im just use to seeing the finished look prior to export so this seems either new to me or Im just forgetting the regular process.

This is based on your Active Dimensions Defaults.I recommend you to add "Active Defaults" to your toolbar. When NKBA mode hit Active Default and examine [Edit] dimension defaults. Check the size of text. I believe the default CA residential template has them at pretty good size.

Yes, this is my first time using chief for working drawings. Eric do you know what I would need to change the settings to in order for them to look like the examples on chiefs NKBA PDF examples?  Those are a good size and legible.

Since I left everything at default I assumed that the PDF examples in the gallery on chiefs site was what the default settings were already set at.

9 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Yes, this is my first time using chief for working drawings. Eric do you know what I would need to change the settings to in order for them to look like the examples on chiefs NKBA PDF examples?  Those are a good size and legible.

Since I left everything at default I assumed that the PDF examples in the gallery on chiefs site was what the default settings were already set at.

as always --- post the plan --- or at least an example of the issue you see .......  looks like to me anyway , those aren't NKBA Dims ?  maybe 1/4" auto Elevation Dims ?

M.

Sorry for the late reply. I guess I shouldnt have even posted the picture because its just the default plan settings I havent changed anything.  I just wanted to know what adjustments would I need to make in order for my elevation drawings to look clean and legible like the examples shown on Chiefs website gallery.

The size of your dimensions are determined by your currently selected (or active) dimension default for the view you are in.  Whether you are using the manual or any of the automatic dimension tools.  Technically, the currently active default will determine which default the dimension is linked to when it is created.  You can always change your dimension later to be linked to any dimension default you want. 

So if you want smaller dimensions, change your active dimension default before generating them or group select your existing ones and change the dimension default they are using.

I recommend reviewing this video:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/videos/watch/92/using-the-automatic-interior-and-automatic-nkba-dimension-tools.html?playlist=92

Thank you for the reply Dermot and also the recommended video.  I was adjusting the dimension defaults just trying to figure out how to get them to look like the examples in the Chief plans PDF gallery, those sizes are exactly what Im looking for.