DWG FORMAT

MIKESU

Having trouble importing a dwg format plan from customer into chief v10.08, os=xp pro. When trying to import, I get a warning, dwg library error, invalid dwg version.

Any help would be great

Mike S

• 1 year later...

If your client has AutoCad have them save the drawing as R14 (.dwg file type) or R12 (.dwx file type) and you should be able to import the file. After your client saves it as a older version tell them not to open it or it will convert back to their version again which it sounds like is newer than your version of Chief. Chief and Autocad do not seem to be backward compatible, meaning you can not open a newer version of the software than the version you have.

Autocad is backward compatible

Lew

I am not sure about that.  I have exported a dxf file  in v14 and I had to redo to v12 (or whatever the version numbers are)  because he was working with an older version of acad.

Both my surveyors use earlier versions of AutoCad than I use and neither one of them can open my files. If you know how to do it Lou please let me know, I get tired of converting the files all the time.

Both my surveyors use earlier versions of AutoCad than I use and neither one of them can open my files. If you know how to do it Lou please let me know, I get tired of converting the files all the time.

You must export it in to thier version or earlier and send it without opening in your PC.