reverse plan text issue

stevenyhof

I found a post in another forum discussing the reversal of a plan and how it also reverses (rotates) vertical (sideways) text. It was not solved.

I had to reverse a plan today and once done, I needed to rotate all my vertical text 180 so they were read from the right. 

I went into the defaults and set the text to rotate and also not to rotate, but get the same results. Does anyone know how to reverse a plan and keep the text reading from the right?

Thank you

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

1 hour ago, stevenyhof said:

I do see that when rotating a plan using the "Rotate Plan View..." tool, it works. 

Don’t use that tool for that purpose. It doesn’t actually rotate the plan at all. It just rotates your “drawing board“.  It rotates the grid, the axis, everything. It’s really just used to adjust the way you are LOOKING AT the plan.  I have used it to help visualizing things better when working on off angle wings and for Plot Plan Plan Views.

11 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Don’t use that tool for that purpose. It doesn’t actually rotate the plan at all. It just rotates your “drawing board“.  It rotates the grid, the axis, everything. It’s really just used to adjust the way you are LOOKING AT the plan.  I have used it to help visualizing things better when working on off angle wings and for Plot Plan Plan Views.

I should have expanded my comment. I am not rotating because it does not help me. Just commenting on the fact that the rotate text in the text defaults is related to rotating the plan.

I am trying to find a way to maintain the text orientation when I reverse (mirror) the plan. Is there any option to maintaining the text when reversing the plan?

FYI I just reversed a single-story clubhouse plan & the 90 deg text did not assume the correct rotation although it was in the correct location.

The electrical behaved well and the framing did ok but was a mono slope roof so not much to go wrong.

What did go wrong was that I saved the new plan with 'R' in the name while the Layout file was open.

I figured Chief would change the layout boxes to the correct file. This did not happen.

Worse was that I used "Saved Plan Views" in this layout & they did not update to the new plan name.

So beware.

(out to lunch)