Blow apart symbol

StephanL

Hi @StephanL !

There isn't really a specific tool in the Chief Architect Software family explicitly for breaking up components from existing objects. You may be able to find different elements like feet, hardware, doors/panels, etc. in 3D Library to use to assemble new objects.

Here are some catalog that have 'bits and pieces' to get you started, there are many more/other options too!

There are plenty of clever Chief Architect users here who have devised ways to do more intensive modeling within Chief Architect Premier. You may find that there are some limitation in the available feature set in Home Designer Pro, however.

On 8/26/2020 at 5:24 PM, glennw said:

You can use the Delete Surfaces tool to temporarily delete the parts of the symbol you don't want.

You can then save what is left as a symbol for reuse.

Possible in Chief ..... but not in Home Designer  AFAIK .....not sure they can even make Symbols ? but maybe that changed?

M.

On 8/25/2020 at 1:41 PM, StephanL said:

Stephan L.

Home Designer Pro 2021

Learning as I go. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/27/2020 at 4:54 AM, glennw said:

You can use the Delete Surfaces tool to temporarily delete the parts of the symbol you don't want.

You can then save what is left as a symbol for reuse.

sir where is Delete Surfaces tool?

im trying to edit a symbol

im told i should use Delete Surfaces tool

cant find it

thank you

8 minutes ago, amiin85 said:

sir where is Delete Surfaces tool?

im trying to edit a symbol

im told i should use Delete Surfaces tool

cant find it

thank you

As mentioned in your other post try the magic F1 key and searching the help file.  Although you may not have all of these tools in HDP.  Try looking for the answers with the https://hometalk.chiefarchitect.com/forum/5-qa/ hometalk forum which is designed for Home Designer Pro.