problems with shed roof

dailytrek

I just picked up a house project I started two years ago so I'm rusty using this program and I cant find my answer in the doc. I have three questions...

1. The shed roof is going in the wrong direction. I had it working on my original version until I moved the first floor wall. I have high shed/gable wall on the tall side and full gable wall on the two lower sides yet the roof slants from the two sides marked full gable wall. 

2. I cant recall how to view, create or edit the walls above the first level. need help on the buttons.

3. The mirrored garage windows from the main house are lower than the house windows using the same settings. I can fudge to raise the windows in the garage but curious about a better solution.

Thanks,

Christian

Home Designer Pro 2018

wing house with attached garage rectangular.plan

Edited by dailytrek
more information

I just picked up a house project I started two years ago so I'm rusty using this program and I cant find my answer in the doc. I have three questions...

1. The shed roof is going in the wrong direction. I had it working on my original version until I moved the first floor wall. I have high shed/gable wall on the tall side and full gable wall on the two lower sides yet the roof slants from the two sides marked full gable wall. 

There are couple ways to make it: Mark the tall wall "high shed/gable wall", mark sides as full gable, mark the lower as hip. Another: make baseline polyline and mark it on that...

But it is much quicker to press "q" on a keyboard click right outside of lower wall, stretch it to the width and pull it over the high side, takes 3 seconds to do the manual plane.

2. I cant recall how to view, create or edit the walls above the first level. need help on the buttons.

Press up button on the top bar next to a number "1"

3. The mirrored garage windows from the main house are lower than the house windows using the same settings. I can fudge to raise the windows in the garage but curious about a better solution.

Because you window height is from the floor. A garage floor is lower. Change window "Elevation reference" to Absolute. 

3 minutes ago, dailytrek said:

Thanks Michael for the redirection with the appropriate link.

You bet.  You're always technically welcome here, I just don't encourage it because the differences between the HD product line and Chief Premier can be pretty notable and it doesn't help anybody when tools or methods are being discussed that you don't have any access to.  You can waste tons of time trying find and use a tool you simply don't have.  In addition, most users here are unaware of what tools you do or do not have so their suggestions may or may not be useful.  It's just not very productive in my personal and professional opinion.