Printing not including embedded PDF's

Canuck

I have a HP 520T printer.. When I print from the CAD file, the PDF either doesn't completely print or doesn't print at all. I've even converted the CAD to a PDF file and tried printing from that and same thing occurs. Any ideas on what it is I'm doing wrong? Should i try Adobe PDF to convert? Truly stumped.

You’re not providing enough detail.  I don’t know if you’re printing from plan, printing from layout, printing the current screen, using Chief’s built in PDF printer, using another PDF printer, etc. etc.  in addition, you haven’t answered the question as to whether or not you can see the embedded PDFs in your newly printed PDF file or not.  Is it the PDF they don’t show up on, it just the paper?  And what color and lineweights are the embedded PDF elements composed of? 

I have the same printer;
I found it best for me to print layout to "Chief Architect Save As PDF" an then print on paper from there. You should be able to print it in all the different ways that you talked about though.
Usually when I have problems with not printing or printing partial pages it is because my computer isn't properly connecting and/or formatted to the printer. I will usually restart the printer and the plotter and that will straighten it out.

I am having the same problem. I have the HP T830 plotter, and what little research into this issue I have done seems to suggest it could be a printer driver, but a new driver did not solve the problem. 

However, I have had some success getting inserted PDF's to fully print by creating a PDF using Chief's save as PDF feature, then opening the PDF in acrobat or whatever PDF software you use,  open the print dialog, choose your printer, click on the "advanced" tab, select "print as image".  

If I come up with anything else that works I will post it here. 

20 hours ago, builtright3 said:

I have the same printer;
I found it best for me to print layout to "Chief Architect Save As PDF" an then print on paper from there. You should be able to print it in all the different ways that you talked about though.
Usually when I have problems with not printing or printing partial pages it is because my computer isn't properly connecting and/or formatted to the printer. I will usually restart the printer and the plotter and that will straighten it out.

Thank you Joe, you nailed it. I'm not sure why this happens, but neither am a software / hardware guy.