Creating two materials on one wall and filling wall gap between two floors.

rockyshepheard

I followed solver's method and got it to work on a newly created set of four walls. Trouble is it doesn't work in a scenario where I already have the structure built and am just trying to add textures after the fact. I really don't want to start all over from scratch just to get a pony wall on this corner.

21 minutes ago, rockyshepheard said:

I followed solver's method and got it to work on a newly created set of four walls. Trouble is it doesn't work in a scenario where I already have the structure built and am just trying to add textures after the fact. I really don't want to start all over from scratch just to get a pony wall on this corner.

Just change the walls in your existing plan.  Just make sure the first floor wall, and the pony wall lower wall are the exact same wall and on align at outer main layer.  

Rocky, your problem seems to be that you’re reading things very nonchalantly without any regard for the proper definitions of the terminology being used.  Nobody at any time told you to use an Eyedropper or a Material Painter.  In fact, I believe someone specifically told you NOT to.  What we all told you several times was to CHANGE your Wall Type.  This is a very important Chief Architect term.  Changing the Material is not changing the Wall Type.  You need to change the Wall Type.