layer display in saved camera views

Lighthouse

I had this working, but now I can't figure it out.  I want to control the layer display in saved cameras.  In the "foundation view" saved camera, I don't want to show joists.  In the "framing view" saved camera, I want to show joists.  I thought the method was to choose the layers you want displayed, and then save the camera with a unique name.  However, whenever I change the layer settings for a camera, it changes them for all the saved cameras.  For example, when I have the joists turned off in the "foundation view" saved camera, but then turn them on in the "framing view" camera, it also turns them on in the "foundation view", which I don't want.  What am I doing wrong?

9 minutes ago, solver said:

Maybe you need a new layer set for each?

thanks, I can try that, but I didn't create those before and it worked, just weirdly stopped working.  Now all my saved cameras and showing the same layers, which would seem to defeat the purpose.

so I tried that and it seems to work, but very cumbersome.  I think before (this morning)

when I saved the camera view it saved the currently displayed layers, which is much faster and more intuitive.

Edited by Lighthouse
new info