End truss still shows attic opening

rck-tech

Hi, 

I watched this video https://www.chiefarchitect.com/videos/watch/9914/focus-creating-trusses.html

around the minute 11:30 he shows how to make an attic truss. I followed it step by step. the end truss does not fully close, 

assuming it did close it; if I add a window or a door to the gable wall would the end truss re-frame and create the headers etc...

Thank you,

endtruss.JPG

Trusswindow.JPG

1 hour ago, rck-tech said:

Hi, 

I watched this video https://www.chiefarchitect.com/videos/watch/9914/focus-creating-trusses.html

around the minute 11:30 he shows how to make an attic truss. I followed it step by step. the end truss does not fully close, 

assuming it did close it; if I add a window or a door to the gable wall would the end truss re-frame and create the headers etc...

Thank you,

endtruss.JPG

Trusswindow.JPG

Did you by chance just copy one of the others?  If so you will need to Force truss rebuild (right top option).

53 minutes ago, rgardner said:

Did you by chance just copy one of the others?  If so you will need to Force truss rebuild (right top option).

Thank you for you response,

I tried that, it did not work, I was able to click on the truss and pull down but if I put a window it won't cut the frame for the window. see video 

End wall trusses are a bit tricky.  It might be best to post the plan file and have one of the experts take a look.  It could just be a incorrectly positioned ceiling plane or something.  I don't think chief will ever frame a truss for a window automatically though.

33 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

I don't think chief will ever frame a truss for a window automatically though.

if that's the case then I'll just delete the end truss and let the software build the gable wall. 

thank you all for the input.

1 hour ago, Chopsaw said:

End wall trusses are a bit tricky.  It might be best to post the plan file and have one of the experts take a look.  It could just be a incorrectly positioned ceiling plane or something.  I don't think chief will ever frame a truss for a window automatically though.

This was going to be my suggestion and my suspicion if it isn't fixing it by rebuilding it.  The ceiling plane is probably going through the start of the truss at least which would cause the truss to build to the ceiling plane.  If you upload the plan file as Chop says then someone can figure it out for you.