How to show a framed a Front view elevation

Bill_Nelson

Hi folks,

I'm trying to show a framed front view elevation, but as you can see it's not going so well.  I have watched a lot of C.A videos (on you tube & and on the Chief website) on framing but I haven't come across a video that helps. The basement &1st floor are the same dimensions, 60'-0" wide X 34'-0" deep with the exception of the large dormer being bumped out 6'-0". The 2nd floor is 48'-0"wide  X 32'-0" deep. the three dormers are a bumped out 2'-0" to give the 2nd story the over all depth of 34'-0". I can get all of the basement but only part of the 1st floor and 2nd floor framing. I am using the Back clipped Cross Section. Do I need to make separate back clip cross sections, one for the basement, 1st floor and the 2nd floor then stack them to get a full view of the framed elevation?

Thank you all in advance for any advice on this problem.

Bill

3-D Rendering.JPG

Front elevation.JPG

Ele. Framing.JPG

Out of curiosity, who needs and uses the info portrayed thus?

I'll do that for exterior walls and any interior walls that have special header details or blocking for timber work or in-wall posts with drops to point out.

You can always do CAD details from wall framing detail views and point to point stitch it all together in layout.

I use frame elevations for the City or County planners so I'm not having to do multiple call outs for door and widow headers on each floor Frame plan layer.

I don't think it can be done using cross sections, because if I move the cross section back clip to get all the main walls, I lose the framing for the main floor dormer with the windows and such. 

I think I will do the point to point stitch as Mr. Davis suggested.

Thanks guys or your input.

Bill