What is this design called

winterdd

Is this considered a dormer or is the "top fascia height" of the roof just lowered to accomplish this? Its tricky because i had to move the bottom of 2nd floor window to 40" above floor to avoid the 3:12 porch roof from running into it. I tend to make things alot harder than they really are by the way.

Screenshot_20200818-085050.png

58 minutes ago, solver said:

General Q & A

Ask Chief-related questions and get answers from experienced users.

Since this type of question isn't Chief related, please post in Chatroom next time.

It is chief related. Setting the top fascia height for building a roof is in the program.

17 minutes ago, ChiefUserBigRob said:

I was going to cut a recess on the roof and run the wall up.

You won't need to adjust the wall, simply cut the lower roof plane back and add the upper shed roof and the wall will extend up the meet it. Pretty easy to accomplish these.

I also would call that a shed dormer.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, GeneDavis said:

I tried to auto build one but couldn't.  Chief doesn't have a shed roof button for the lower end of a shed roof.

Use Auto Floating dormer.... place it right on the exterior wall where you want it.  There's a radio button for shed roof in the Dormer DBX

Only thing you need to do that's non-auto is put a couple breaks in the main roof and pull back the overhang flush to the wall in front of the dormer.