The disappearing wall and more issues

rck-tech

Hi guys,

Chief architect X12

I have few questions; I spend over 12 hours fiddling with this. Trying every option within Chief Architect, watching videos, looking for answers on the forum here.

This was supposed to be a simple garage with a loft  and outside door for that attic !!! (well I thought it was simple !!!) I followed some CA video tutorials  creating a second floor then adding the roof to ignore the 2nd floor.  

1-     How can I get the scissor trusses to sit flush on the wall I did select Truss No birdmouth.

How could a simple building like this be so difficult to create ?? what would happen when I start creating more complex designs, I feel it’s going to be really bumpy ride. 

I boss's patient is running thin, understandably so ! 

3d-garage.JPG

FrontView3d.JPG

Scissor-Truss.JPG

Sometimes settings and other automaticities just fail to work. You can just draw this simple manual gable roof on the first floor. You can try again using the "Ignore second Floor" in the build roof dialog. You can set the second-floor ceiling height to zero inches and then build auto roofs, once the roofs are properly located you turn off auto-build roofs and then set the second-floor ceiling height where you need it to be. More than one way to "skin a cat".

DJP

17 hours ago, DavidJPotter said:

More than one way to "skin a cat".

Thank you David,

I tried multiple combination of all the steps you mentioned,  my issue, I am trying to get the truss to change it's configuration to sit flat on the second floor wall. 

Thank you