The case for annosets. Now "default sets." How to best use them?

GeneDavis

Scott Hall hosted an excellent session via GTM yesterday afternoon, the topic being Saved Plan Views.  We had participants who had no SPV experience and needed to know what they are, exactly, then how to get started.  We had at least one SPV power user.

Some said that with SPV, that annotation sets are kaput, and will disappear in future.  But we came to a different conclusion after discussion.

Annosets are here to stay and are as powerful as ever, with the focus being on using them for all the other camera views beyond straight-down plan views.

It would be great if Chief would do a series of videos showing all the uses of default sets to control the views for full-house elevations, sections, clipped sections, wall elevations, and more.

Here, let's see if others can contribute in this thread, with some hints about their use.  Joey Martin's use of default sets in doing elevations and sections would be a good subtopic here.

One takeaway I had after yesterday's GTM was that now with X12 and the SPV functionality, it might be best to do a complete review of all the layersets and default sets I've built and saved, and maybe throw out 90 percent of it, restarting with Chief's OOB X12 and its panoply of SPVs, and rebuild from there.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, GeneDavis said:

One takeaway I had after yesterday's GTM was that now with X12 and the SPV functionality, it might be best to do a complete review of all the layersets and default sets I've built and saved, and maybe throw out 90 percent of it, restarting with Chief's OOB X12 and its panoply of SPVs, and rebuild from there.

I gave some thought to doing this in my own workflow. May do it yet if we get another slowdown. With the price/availability struggle here (read sky high price and lack of availability of even studs at times) I may just get that time! Hope not, but the next few months will tell.