How to control what level a polyline solid apears on plan view

benquie

When I create a polyline solid in section view, it often doesn't show in plan view.  If I look in the foundation or 2nd-floor plan, then I can see it, even though in section it's at the 1st floor.  How do I control what level it appears on plan view?

I just sectioned a whole house (camera on first floor), there are three floors of this house, and on each floor I did a poly, and it appeared correctly on each plan.  But I didn't see any settings that you were asking about. But like Robert says, its easy to move. 

When you draw a polyline solid in an elevation view, the floor number is either controlled by where you draw it or by the floor the camera is on.

When you draw the polyline solid against a wall, the polyline solid goes onto the same floor the wall is on.  If you are drawing it on a gable or attic wall, then it might be on the floor above the one you wanted.

When you draw a free floating polyline solid, it goes on the floor the camera is on.  This is usually the floor you drew the camera on but you will notice that you can move the camera up or down floors even in elevation views.

If the polyline solid does not appear on the floor plan view you want, you can always move it up or down using the cut and paste tools like Robert suggested.  Just dragging it up or down will not change the floor number.

Just checked this out, never noticed it before. If you draw your polyline solid in a section view it shows on the floor you drew it but if you open the DBX up there is nowhere to define the height in respect to the floor etc.. If however you draw it in plan view you can open up the DBX and you have all of the normal options for these height adjustments. Seems like an odd behavior.

Thanks all,  I think the problem must have been with the floor I shot the section in.  I'm designing a portico with quite a few custom polyline solids.  The stoop showed up in the foundation level and the roof wound up on the 2nd-floor level.  I must not have been careful in what level I was on when I shot the sections.  

Ben

8 hours ago, TheKitchenAbode said:

Just checked this out, never noticed it before. If you draw your polyline solid in a section view it shows on the floor you drew it but if you open the DBX up there is nowhere to define the height in respect to the floor etc.. If however you draw it in plan view you can open up the DBX and you have all of the normal options for these height adjustments. Seems like an odd behavior.

It not ODD ( it is actually ;) )   ....... it's a total PITA  :)  run into that one myself.....

M.