Split roof help

josbrp

On 8/12/2020 at 6:45 AM, rlackore said:

Turn off Auto Rebuild Roofs and edit the roof planes manually:

roof1.thumb.PNG.03ddef78ca166e401c57a1a0acd66edb.PNG

roof2.thumb.PNG.ece81c35f66ac4b7c6464c937041aab1.PNG

do you mind sharing the file with the roof like that? i get big gaps on the walls when i edit the roof planes manually.

thanks

1 hour ago, josbrp said:

do you mind sharing the file with the roof like that? i get big gaps on the walls when i edit the roof planes manually.

thanks

Is it possible you manually adjusted your walls in an elevation mode?  If so that turns off the automatic wall sizing you want  on to fill the "gap".  Select all of your walls in plan view, open the wall dbx and on the structures tab make sure the first two radial buttons (default wall top and bottom height). is checked.  That should fix the "gap" problem.

20 minutes ago, rgardner said:

Is it possible you manually adjusted your walls in an elevation mode?  If so that turns off the automatic wall sizing you want  on to fill the "gap".  Select all of your walls in plan view, open the wall dbx and on the structures tab make sure the first two radial buttons (default wall top and bottom height). is checked.  That should fix the "gap" problem.

they are checked. does not let me to change that

2 hours ago, josbrp said:

thanks

I can't share the file - I'm on X12, and you won't be able to open an X12 file on X11. Refer to the Reference Manual, I think it can get you headed in the right direction:

atticwalls.thumb.PNG.cb6012d85c470de1a6d0903b8a2caaf0.PNG

3 hours ago, josbrp said:

they are checked. does not let me to change that

If they are set to automatic heights that means there is an invisible wall that is in that same space keeping the attic walls from being built.  Go to your attic level, turn on attic and invisible walls and delete them all twice with auto attic wall build turned on.  Should clean it up.