Logging in

glennw

It seems that the logging in procedure has changed.

Up until yesterday, I didn't need to ever log in to this site - I also never logged out.

Now, I have to login every time I open a new browser window (IE).

If I keep the browser window open, I can go to other sites and if I come back to this one I don't have to log back in.

But if I close IE and open a new IE session I have to log back in.

I haven't changed any settings on my computer or on this site.

Anyone else?

It's a real pain having to log in all the time.

Does any one know how to access the site without logging in every time or is part of the new security system that is tied in with the digital locker - in which case it must have just changed because I haven't had this trouble up until now.

I have CT on 4 devices. I never log out. If I am gone for several hours and come back to it, I must log back in. Fortunately I have apple and they have " keychain". Which remembers the password, so it is hitting "return" key for me.

Yep, did not have this issue before.

Glenn.....What you stated in your thread happened to me yesterday. I never log out and every time I open Chieftalk in IE I'm logged in. Yesterday I closed out IE, because it froze, which has been happening quite often lately. (?) When I reopened Chieftalk I all of a sudden had to login. Later I went out of Chieftalk and again when I opened it back up I had to login. This morning, when I opened IE and went to Chieftalk I was already logged in....Go figure!  I have made no changes to my computer settings in ages. As a matter of fact, when it comes to making any type of "internal" changes I usually consult my Grandchildren.  :)

I am using 3 devices and have to log in each time I change devices.  This morning I had to re-log into CT on my laptop which was the last device I used to visit CT. 

My password is remembered on all my devices so it's not a big deal to re-log in (just annoying).  On the other hand, it's hardly secure if my password is remembered.  So how is this a security feature?   This set up is more of a compromise to my Digital Locker. 

I also don't want to log in when I change devices. 

Glenn,

Kirk is correct that your cookies may be getting cleared when you close IE hence no need to re-login as long as that session stays open

I don't use IE to clear history/cookied, instead I use CCleaner

Under the options tab, you can exclude sites from the clean (forums. che......)

It is a more selective tool to use

I also have the site link as an icon on my desktop, so I don't have to first open IE

Does it for me when I click the link - faster IMO

IE stores your login session as a cookie file on your computer. This cookie may be getting deleted when you close IE.

You may have IE set to automatically delete your browser history on close.

attachicon.gif2014-03-07_5-55-32.jpgattachicon.gif2014-03-07_5-56-00.jpg

Kirk,

Yes, I have that checked, BUT click Delete...and go to the next dbx where I have Cookies and Website data unchecked.

I haven't changed any settings in the last day or so.

Glenn.....What you stated in your thread happened to me yesterday. I never log out and every time I open Chieftalk in IE I'm logged in. Yesterday I closed out IE, because it froze, which has been happening quite often lately. (?) When I reopened Chieftalk I all of a sudden had to login. Later I went out of Chieftalk and again when I opened it back up I had to login. This morning, when I opened IE and went to Chieftalk I was already logged in....Go figure!  I have made no changes to my computer settings in ages. As a matter of fact, when it comes to making any type of "internal" changes I usually consult my Grandchildren.  :)

Larry,

Yes, things seem to be back to normal today - no need to log in.

I hope it stays this way!