Routine Keynotes

skoz44

I have routine keynotes that I use on every plan.  Ex. my Foundation Plan always has a keynote indicating control joints, depressed shower pans, etc. etc.  Is there a way to save these so that I can simply call up that Keynote Schedule that is pre-populated and I then place the symbols in the corresponding places.

I realize I can create this manually; however, I'd like it to auto-add in new keynotes I ad.

Thanks

Yes you can block the Schedule and add that to the library but then you need to add the notes to the same library folder separately.

If you don't have any custom formatting to the schedule you can just save the notes and use the "Create Note Schedule from Note(s)" option on the active toollbar.

I have them saved on my template plan. When I open Chief and hit NEW PLAN, this is what I see...

image.thumb.png.f965c8d1a0cfae905e2967be55823534.png

Key notes that are on every plan, schedules ready to populate for doors, windows, beams, and posts, and the little tick mark on the right is 0,0 coordinate so that the back left corner of every plan starts at that coordinate. 

3 hours ago, joey_martin said:

I have them saved on my template plan. When I open Chief and hit NEW PLAN, this is what I see...

image.thumb.png.f965c8d1a0cfae905e2967be55823534.png

Key notes that are on every plan, schedules ready to populate for doors, windows, beams, and posts, and the little tick mark on the right is 0,0 coordinate so that the back left corner of every plan starts at that coordinate. 

This ^^^

I'm finding that saving the notes to the library in whatever category or subcategory you want to save them works really well for me. I don't try to do templates for the schedules because they are so easy to add them in each plan for a nice clean look. Also, templates are confusing to me to keep track of because when you use it for one plan and then another I run into problems so I just build the schedule for each plan.

Just my personal experience and the way my mind works for what its worth

Chief also illustrates in a training video I believe the use of a CAD detail that has all of the schedules in that single CAD detail. They are saved within the template plan's CAD detail and each schedule can be sent to any plan view as needed. Been using that method in my latest plan template and it's pretty efficient.