Can The 'Backdrop' Be Set To Move With The Camera View?

HumbleChief

15 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

Use a Panoramic Backdrop or place something in the actual plan and use it as your backdrop.  That way you won't get so dizzy.

Can't get the panorama views to cooperate, or look any like realistic but taking your further advice I place a large p-solid in elevation and used my photo as the material and it works like a back drop should. If you have a view out the back of the house, that view stays relative to that view's direction, it doesn't stay put while the house rotates. Curious why Chief's back drops don't work that way out of the box. Probably missing something. THANKS Chop...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
57 minutes ago, adriancisco71 said:

Can you please show us the process of doing this? I have the same issue with my backdrops and would like to include a custom photo.

Thanks!

It will depend on the situation if it is just a view from one or two windows or the entire structure and terrain.  You can use an actual image the way chief does 2D plants and rotates them so they look 3D. Or you can make a giant or maybe not quite so big polyline solid as Larry did and apply your background image as a material.  I have done a complete cylinder around my entire project but the issue with that is that it blocks the sun so that you have issues with shadows but maybe if you did one large enough you could replace the sun with another light source but then your background may get a little too grainy as the Chief panoramic setting does.

Refine you question a bit and maybe I can help.