Frustrated But Thankful

RobUSMC

I am a former US Marine, a firefighter / paramedic, a critical care nurse, a pediatric helicopter flight nurse for 17 years but also have a successful design remodeling firm I started in 1995 so I feel I have some intelligence.  I have used chief since 1999, version 8.0 (not X-8) and I still feel I have only scratched the surface of the programs capabilities. When it comes to computing and a programs inter workings such as CA I usually have limited knowledge or clueless and it is frustrating as hell.  When I have called support, they start asking have you done this or that and when I tell them I'm not sure what you are referring too it seems that frustrates some of them and they just want to tell you anything to get you off the phone by giving a long list of things it could be.... try this or that then call us back if those don't work or the go to "it must be a system issues" that they will not address. You hang up more frustrated than before. I wish they would just try to help work through issues such as screen share, remote trouble shooting, etc. in an attempt to help.  Even though some experienced user on here give some very in depth over my head explanations to solutions (I am NOT complaining about their input at all... I just don't have the technical knowledge), I do get a lot of help here. If it wasn't for Chief Talk I would be lost a lot of times.  I do appreciate all the help I have received over the years.  Thanks to all.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Hi Rob,

I’m sorry to hear about the frustration you feel when you contact Technical Support.  We strive to ensure every customer has a courteous experience and it sounds like you did not receive our best example of that.  

The nature of technical support is to ask questions, and sometimes in the pursuit of answers to problems we forget the user’s experience of those problems and the stress you are already experiencing.

I know we can come off as a bit brusque at times but I want to assure you that we do want you to be successful with our software and we’ll do what we can to help you overcome any obstacles that you come up against.

Carrie

Chief Architect Technical Support

40 minutes ago, CarrieS said:

we’ll do what we can to help you overcome any obstacles that you come up against.

Carrie,

If the above is accurate i suggest Chief Support implement some type of screen share, remote trouble shooting as Rob suggests as part of the Software Support and Assurance.

• Upvote 2