Software That Client Use To Manipulate CA Floor Plans

skoz44

I have a client that wants to manipulate some floor plan ideas I've put together to try some of her own ideas.  Does anybody have a recommendation for the easiest way for her to do this?  Does CA make something for the client-side that will do this (I believe the "viewer" is only for viewing and not manipulating)?  Or is there other software out there anybody has used?

most of the HD titles can review and make SOME edits if the "edit flag" is set by Chief Premier

and the titles are compatible versions

HD PRO is very compatible with Premier as it has many of the same manual tools

PRO costs $495 and if the client later decided to upgrade to Premier that cost is 100% included

Note: PRO can't edit Premier features that is doesn't have

Lew

I would strongly recommend against letting a client "manipulate" your floor plan.  In my experience, they will mess up the plan and it will take you hours to figure out everything they did wrong.  They will think they help with the process.  In reality, they may have ruined the model.  Let them know that they will be working on a work copy of the plan and that you will have to repeat what they did no the real plan.  I do a lot of work for other designers fixing the plans that got messed up.  You can't even imagine the dumb stuff that can be done to a model by the uninformed.

• Upvote 2

On 8/8/2020 at 9:28 PM, skoz44 said:

I have a client that wants to manipulate some floor plan ideas I've put together to try some of her own ideas.  Does anybody have a recommendation for the easiest way for her to do this? 

Give her a roll of tracing paper

• Like 1