Texture Keep Moving in X12

kwhitt

3 minutes ago, kwhitt said:

Yes, it's only the bullnose piece that keeps "jumping" around. 

Sorry, I thought you originally said changing one was affecting the other.
Just having a little deeper look at this... 

@DzinEye

Another thing I've noticed is that when you rotate a material 90° as I do to texture the bullnose, you cannot rely on horizontal and vertical offsets.  It's a complete guessing game where the grout lines will fall.  That is the reason I created the same backsplash texture with a rotated version, so that I didn't have to count on Chief to do it.  I swear I never had these problems in X11 - worked beautifully every time and I was able to place my grout joints exactly where I needed them.

2 minutes ago, DzinEye said:

Sorry, I thought you originally said changing one was affecting the other.
Just having a little deeper look at this... 

Please let me know your conclusions.  I am being forced to leave my computer to go out to eat!

I just did a little experiment because I had a thought that this may have to do with the P-solid shape rather than the material. 
I just replaced the bullnose with a flat rectangular piece, and dragged the bullnose a few inches to the side.  When I do the Adjust Material tool without changing anything but click OK, I do not get the randomness on the new flat P-solid, but your bullnose continues to change.
Definitely seems to be related to the way it's interacting with the P-solid to me.  Could be a bug... 

@SNestor Did you have a look?

@Alaskan_Son @glennw... any ideas?

2 minutes ago, DzinEye said:

Kevin, when you contact Chief about this bug, do note that your vertical tile material is rock solid on a simple rectangular p-solid... it's got something to do with the bullnose shape.

I only had a chance to play with it for a little bit but I concur.  I’m relatively positive it has something to do with the new solid behaviors Chief introduced in X12.  For now, I would suggest either converting to a symbol or using a 3-D molding line.

If I make any changes to any of the cupboards, the tiles on the bullnose section jump around.

PS.

It's not the edits to the cupboards that cause the material jumping.

All I have to do to get the material to jump around is rebuild the model either with Rebuild 3D or Rebuild Walls/Floors/Ceilings.

On 8/7/2020 at 10:35 PM, DzinEye said:

Kevin, when you contact Chief about this bug, do note that your vertical tile material is rock solid on a simple rectangular p-solid... it's got something to do with the bullnose shape.

Mark - will do.  Thanks for all your input on this.  Kevin