Schedule Issues

hhdesigner

I'm having trouble with the column width on schedules. I added and deleted some columns, set to auto height and width and all except the comments column size properly.  I have tried searching help etc., and haven't found any information on this problem.  I believe my computer recently updated windows 10, could this be a factor? Have tried restarting as well

Room Schedule.jpg

Yes, and when I did that all the other columns would go back to one line and the columns would be too wide to fit on my layout completely. If I manually dragged the columns closer, the text wouldn't adjust. It seems to only affect the comments column that I added. 

3 hours ago, hhdesigner said:

I'm having trouble with the column width on schedules. I added and deleted some columns, set to auto height and width and all except the comments column size properly.  I have tried searching help etc., and haven't found any information on this problem.

Is that a live schedule or did you convert to text to add the Comments column ?  Or maybe the custom ceiling finish details ?

I added the comments column.  I've been looking at videos and searching the training manuals. I think I have a lot to learn about schedules.  Some schedules allow to add a comments column and some don't.  I think on this plan I just renamed another item so I could add the column.  Not sure why comments isn't listed on all schedules, but maybe that's what the notes schedule is for.  It's time I took the time to study up on it instead of trying to do a work around that I may not need. Thanks for all the comments...

21 minutes ago, hhdesigner said:

I added the comments column.  I've been looking at videos and searching the training manuals. I think I have a lot to learn about schedules.  Some schedules allow to add a comments column and some don't.  I think on this plan I just renamed another item so I could add the column.  Not sure why comments isn't listed on all schedules, but maybe that's what the notes schedule is for.  It's time I took the time to study up on it instead of trying to do a work around that I may not need. Thanks for all the comments...

You can always post your plan file and have one of the experts take a look.  There is a bug with the software when you convert to text but it is not clear exactly what you are showing. It could be something quite simple or you may have run into an issue with the software.

Even without a plan I can see that the schedule was likely a Room Finish Schedule converted to text since the columns shown and contents thereof cannot be done with a Room Finish Schedule otherwise.  Rooms don't have an Object Information tab which you really need to add the types of notations you want, and so I would recommend you switch to using Notes and a Note Schedule instead.  With some relatively simple macros and a small adjustment to your workflow you can automate everything except for the columns where you want to be adding notations manually, and with Notes, doing so can be done very easily while still keeping the schedule live.