Sign in to follow this  
mhdjawwad

Product Info

Hi,

My aim is to produce to photo realistic rendering of interior design together with photo-realistic animation of 'walkthroughs'. I have looked into Sketchup

and Blender however I find everything needs to designed from basically scratch. Sketchup has vast library of models however I am looking to drastically

cut down the time to get to the end goal. I am not a professional architect and this is a hobby at this stage. The goal is to produce pictures and videos

as photo realistic as possible. Auto generate walls, roofs, rooms - basically design and render rather than 'model 3D'. 

I have two questions regarding Chief Architect and Home Designer Pro:

1) Is it possible to export the final 3D geometry from these products and use it in Vray or Podium for rendering?
2) In addition to rendering I am also looking for a way to create photo realistic animation of a walk through.

E.g. Podium Walker or SU Animate (for Sketchup) can do this. Is this possible?

My research tells me Home Designer Pro won't cut it as far as photo-realism is concerned. I could not really find clear answers for these questions

else where.

Thank you

1) You can export 3D models in any of the following formats:  DAE, DWG, DXF, 3DS, STL, and WRL.  I am not sure what formats Vray and Podium are capable of importing or which one would work best with those products.

2) We have a number of built in tools for creating walkthroughs.  For more information, I would encourage you to have a look at these training videos:  

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/videos/watch/19/virtual-walkthroughs.html?playlist=102 

One of the things you would not see in the videos are any improvements that may be coming in the next release that will probably ship in first quarter of 2021.  Another thing that you may not be aware of is that if you purchased a new license of X12 that it will come with your first year of SSA which should allow you to get the upgrade to X13 for free.  The SSA program allows you to get any upgrades (not just the minor updates with bug fixes) while it is active.  More information about SSA can be found here:  https://www.chiefarchitect.com/products/ssa/

In my opinion, Chief Architect Interiors would probably be the best product for you.  For more information about the differences between Chief Architect Premier and Interiors, you can see this product comparison:  https://www.chiefarchitect.com/products/compare.html

I would encourage you to download the trial version and try it out for yourself.  I would also encourage you to start with some of the training videos but when you have questions you may want to post them on the Q&A forum.  

If you have more specific questions about what product would be the best for you, I would suggest you to call or email our sales team directly.

• Upvote 1

Thank you Dermot! Much appreciated.

What are the planned improvements for X13? I have downloaded the trial version of Interiors and going through the extensive tutorials. One question that I have

is whether at some point Chief Architect can have native plugin for external renderers such as Vray?. Sketchup and Blender for instance already have this. It

would be awesome to use CA with Vray for instance and have Vray recognize all the geometry without having to export it.

Another question is whether the walk through can support render mode beyond PBR to actual ray traced renders ... a push toward more realistic rendered animation.

This also brings up the question whether complex, time consuming renders and animations be created in a cloud service? A workflow like this for instance:

CA model -> Upload to Cloud Service -> Render Farm takes care of rendering and walkthroughs -> Download the result. Frees me of having to worry about buying a CPU with more horsepower.

Thank you.

Hi:

Just another user here

CA doesn't give info about new releases ahead of time - maybe a hint or two

CA doesn't support plug-ins and at the moment such support is not expected

but would be welcome

I have no knowledge about walktru's future capabilities nor render farms

Lew

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ChiefProBrian
    Newest Member
    ChiefProBrian