Glass Fence Wall

ChiefuserMathews

I think that particular setup would be best illustrated by building it as a panel railing system.  Build a panel in as much detail as you like in 3D to scale and convert to a millwork symbol.  You can also do the same for the newel post that can even include the mounting bracket and concrete footing if you like.

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-02893/creating-custom-balusters-and-railing-panels.html

Let us know how it works out.

On 8/4/2020 at 11:26 PM, solver said:

I'd start on the Chief website reading about railing walls. Once you understand the options you will see how this might be done.

ct1.thumb.png.20ccdbdc1444a18735b8ba95a50fc853.png

Hi Eric,

I tried reading and could not succeed. I could not get the glass panel with the middle rail, as well as the bottom as what you have shown. Could you please provide me some tips?

On 8/4/2020 at 11:26 PM, Chopsaw said:

I think that particular setup would be best illustrated by building it as a panel railing system.  Build a panel in as much detail as you like in 3D to scale and convert to a millwork symbol.  You can also do the same for the newel post that can even include the mounting bracket and concrete footing if you like.

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-02893/creating-custom-balusters-and-railing-panels.html

Thank you. I tried that could not proceed. Hence i was trying what Eric has drawn. Thats exactly what I am interested in. But I dont know how to achieve that. That's why it took me a while to respond back.

33 minutes ago, ChiefuserMathews said:
On 8/4/2020 at 11:26 PM, Chopsaw said:

Thank you. I tried that could not proceed. Hence i was trying what Eric has drawn. That's exactly what I am interested in. But I don't know how to achieve that. That's why it took me a while to respond back.

I believe Eric did a simplified version of exactly that as a demonstration.

Did you take a look at the tutorial ?   Where did you get stuck ?

You can only go about this far with the automatic tools :  No such thing as a middle rail option using an automatic panel, at least not yet...    We have been hoping for a while now.

image.thumb.png.7f44e40d8a99bb9ccc3dfdf4141583d8.png

Modeling your own panels allows you to include details like the assembly bolts if you like and that custom drop panel in the center.

There's a better than good chance that you're going to want to use the "open with middle rail" option so that you can see beyond the railing in elevation view...I'd use a molding or a solid to represent the glass, on its own layer of course.