can't limit view to main wall layer

Lighthouse

I have finished basement walls that I have made by creating a wall that has 10" concrete for the main layer, and fir framing and drywall for the interior layers.  In camera views, when I have checked "main layer only", and unchecked "wall layers", the interior layers (the 2x4 wall) still appears.  Is it possible to get only the concrete portion to appear?  Or do I have to create two separate walls (which I don't want to do because there are a lot of window openings)

bsmt layers.JPG

bsmt wall.JPG

basement wall.JPG

Tip from me...for what it's worth...don't do finished basements like that. Leave the concrete stem walls as just that, the foundation wall, and add interior walls (I take the drywall off one side) as normal walls. This will allow you to complete the foundation plan and the finished basement floor plan as separate pages with their own set of notes and dims. I use a FOUNDATION PLAN anno/layer set, and my basic FLOOR PLAN anno/layer set to achieve this. 

image.thumb.png.7fe3b547e3bb824c294094d68138f58e.png

image.thumb.png.5713f4a2034cb640df5216bd02f55010.png

2 minutes ago, joey_martin said:

Tip from me...for what it's worth...don't do finished basements like that. Leave the concrete stem walls as just that, the foundation wall, and add interior walls (I take the drywall off one side) as normal walls. This will allow you to complete the foundation plan and the finished basement floor plan as separate pages with their own set of notes and dims. I use a FOUNDATION PLAN anno/layer set, and my basic FLOOR PLAN anno/layer set to achieve this. 

image.thumb.png.7fe3b547e3bb824c294094d68138f58e.png

image.thumb.png.5713f4a2034cb640df5216bd02f55010.png

3 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Or do I have to create two separate walls (which I don't want to do because there are a lot of window openings)

Seems like that should work... but not sure why your issue is window openings?  If you select furred wall the windows always frame through properly for me.

Just now, Lighthouse said:

right, but how do you deal with windows that have to go through both walls?  I vaguely remember there is some way for a window to go through two walls, without creating two windows (one in the foundation wall and one in the stud wall)

Just now, Lighthouse said:

but I will add that to my long list of workarounds

I don't view it as a workaround. I design/model just like we build. I don't expect the concrete guys to deal with multiple "wall layers". Build the model just like it's built in the field and you have a lot less headaches.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Renerabbitt said:

No reason it shouldn't, works as intended. Are you sure you have main layer AND layers checked?

You're doing what I did at first...   He's talking about Viewing in a 3D camera view, not plan view  :)

1 hour ago, joey_martin said:

I didn't even know that was a thing and all mine work just fine.

I just played with this a little.  As you say, it does work just fine without selecting 'furred' wall in Structure.  There is a slight difference in how things work though.  If you select 'furred' then you can only place the window into the concrete outer wall, whereas if you don't select furred, it snaps to either wall  (but the end result is not the same), if you  place it in the framed wall things get wonky with trim.  Also, you get different results with what happens to the window when you delete the inner or outer wall.

Edited by DzinEye
correction